Vendor Managed Inventory Specialist - Driver
Linde Gas & Equipment Inc. is seeking a VMI Specialist - Backup Truck Driver to join our team located in Jamestown, ND. The VMI Specialist - Backup Truck Driver (CDL A) is responsible for daily order management within strategic accounts. By partnering with plant level purchasing contacts, the goal is to ensure adequate product supply and replenishment.
Responsibilities (CDL A) (1st shift)
- Visit a pre-determined list of strategic customers on a daily basis that require Vendor Managed inventory (cylinders/hardgoods)
- Ensure accuracy of the order, pricing and processing in JDE.
- Convert order in to customer PO format and email to purchasing department (As Required)
- Deliver product to customers as needed
- Clearly communicate with GSM, TM and distribution supervisors
- Identify/Document Prostar conversion opportunities and meet quarterly with TM’s to review.
- Assist TM’s with cylinder audits
- Write credit memos when customers return hard goods while taking orders on site.
- Looks for opportunities to convert customer to PDI Express, EDI payments, etc. - opportunities to reduce transaction costs.
- Goes on join calls with TMs to new customers, as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Skills / Requirements
- High School Diploma Required (Bachelor’s preferred)
- Excel / JDE / Computer skills
- Strong written and Oral communication skills
- Have at least two years driving experience or have completed a course of instruction from a truck driver training school that operates equipment similar to Praxair's
- No preventable accidents, license suspensions or other moving violations in the past two (2) years
- No alcohol related convictions within the last ten (10) years
- A current medical examiner’s certificate or the ability to pass a DOT physical
- Valid class A CDL is required
- Current Hazmat Endorsement on CDL or ability to obtain Hazmat Endorsement within 60 days of hire
- The ability to read and write in English
- Reached the age of 21 years or older
Linde is a leading global industrial gases and engineering company with 2020 sales of $27 billion. We live our mission of making our world more productive every day by providing high-quality solutions, technologies and services which are making our customers more successful and helping to sustain and protect our planet. The company serves a variety of end markets including chemicals & refining, food & beverage, electronics, healthcare, manufacturing, and primary metals. Linde’s industrial gases are used in countless applications, from life-saving oxygen for hospitals to high-purity & specialty gases for electronics manufacturing, hydrogen for clean fuels and much more. Linde also delivers state-of-the-art gas processing solutions to support customer expansion, efficiency improvements and emissions reductions. For more information about the company, please visit our website at www.lindeus.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.