Truck Driver Trainee
Linde is a leading global industrial gases and engineering company with 2020 sales of $27 billion. We live our mission of making our world more productive every day by providing high-quality solutions, technologies and services which are making our customers more successful and helping to sustain and protect our planet. The company serves a variety of end markets including chemicals & refining, food & beverage, electronics, healthcare, manufacturing, and primary metals. Linde’s industrial gases are used in countless applications, from life-saving oxygen for hospitals to high-purity & specialty gases for electronics manufacturing, hydrogen for clean fuels and much more. Linde also delivers state-of-the-art gas processing solutions to support customer expansion, efficiency improvements and emissions reductions. For more information about the company, please visit our website at www.lindeus.com.
Linde Gas & Equipment, Inc. is seeking a Truck Driver Trainee to join our team located in Phoenix, AZ.
Are you interested in obtaining a CDL license and pursuing a career as a Truck Driver? Praxair Distribution, Inc. has an exciting opportunity to join our company as a Driver Trainee in our Driver Training Sponsorship Program. In this company-sponsored program you will be hired as an employee to attend a third-party operated school to obtain your CDL and the company will pay the cost of your tuition. Driver Trainee’s are paid and eligible for benefits. Apply today and get paid while you get your CDL!
Driver Sponsorship Program Summary
- Enroll and complete a formal driver training program through a third-party operated school.
- Course requirements include a minimum of 120 hours of both behind-the-wheel and classroom instruction, with a minimum of 40 hours of behind-the-wheel preferred.
- Receive pay to complete all course instruction during the first few weeks of employment.
- Attain a Class A or B CDL license with applicable endorsements based on company needs.
- Guaranteed full-time local driving position (home nightly) with Praxair Distribution, Inc. upon attainment of a CDL with all applicable endorsements.
Covered Program Expenses
- Course or program instruction
- Course or program required materials
- One-time fees associated with obtaining a CDL such as test taking fee, equipment rental for driving test if applicable (one time only), DOT drug/alcohol and medical exams if not covered by the school or program
- Initial fees for required certifications (tanker, airbrake, hazmat, medical card, etc.)
Skills / Requirements
- Ability to attend all classes or instruction.
- No preventable accidents, license suspensions or other moving violations in the past two (2) years.
- No DUI or similar type convictions within the last ten (10) years.
- Ability to successfully pass a DOT physical (Physical not scheduled until after offer has been extended.)
- Ability to read and write in English.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. is required.
- Reached the age of 21 years or older.
- Ability to obtain CDL Permit prior to beginning course instruction.
- Ability to obtain CDL License upon completion of course instruction.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: 22000500