Cylinder Filler - Driver
Linde Gas & Equipment Inc. is seeking a Cylinder Processor - Backup Truck Driver to join our team located in Charlotte, NC. The Cylinder Processor - Backup Truck Driver will be responsible for filling, labeling & preparing low pressure packaged gas cylinders and the Cylinder Processor - Warehouse Associate - Backup Truck Driver will also operate and maintain the cryogenic liquid filling system. The Cylinder Processor - Backup Truck Driver role at Linde Gas & Equipment Inc. is physically demanding and requires attention to detail and a strong commitment to safety.
Responsibilities (1st shift)
- Processes industrial gas cylinders using established plant guidelines and procedures
- Performs visual and physical on cylinders before filling and determines whether retesting and/or repairs are required
- Checks for cylinder quantities, styles, and product, and fill any necessary product
- Loads and unloads product from daily shuttle truck
- Operates and maintains cylinder scales and associated equipment
- Operates a forklift truck and other plant vehicles
- Backup Truck Driver duties as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Skills / Requirements
- High School Degree/GED required
- 2+ yrs experience in plant or manufacturing environment preferred
- Strong mechanical background desired
- Qualified candidate must possess good leadership, problem solving, communication, and organizational skills
- Have at least two years driving experience or have completed a course of instruction from a truck driver training school that operates equipment similar to Linde’s
- No preventable accidents, license suspensions or other moving violations in the past two (2) years
- No alcohol related convictions within the last ten (10) years
- A current medical examiner’s certificate or the ability to pass a DOT physical
- Valid class A or B CDL is required
- Current Hazmat and Tanker Endorsement on CDL or ability to obtain Hazmat and Tanker Endorsement within 60 days of hire
- The ability to read and write in English
- Reached the age of 21 years or older
Linde is a leading global industrial gases and engineering company with 2022 sales of $33 billion. We live our mission of making our world more productive every day by providing high-quality solutions, technologies, and services which are making our customers more successful and helping to sustain and protect our planet.
The company serves a variety of end markets including chemicals & refining, food & beverage, electronics, healthcare, manufacturing, and primary metals. Linde’s industrial gases are used in countless applications, from life-saving oxygen for hospitals to high-purity & specialty gases for electronics manufacturing, hydrogen for clean fuels and much more. Linde also delivers state-of-the-art gas processing solutions to support customer expansion, efficiency improvements, and emissions reductions. For more information about the company, please visit our website at www.lindeus.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.