Linde Gas & Equipment Inc. has an immediate opening for a dependable Truck Driver (CDL A or B) to join our team located in Bloomington, IL.
Linde Truck Driver Benefits:
· Competitive pay
· Comprehensive benefit plan (medical, dental, vision and more)
· Retirement benefits
· Paid time off (vacation, holidays, PTO)
· Employee Discount Programs
· Career growth opportunities
· Work/life balance (allows you to be home nights and weekends)
Our Drivers are responsible for safely and efficiently operating a local route delivery vehicle to deliver hard goods, compressed gas cylinders and associated products to customer locations. This position is physically active (will be responsible for loading/unloading at client sites) and requires attention to detail and a strong commitment to safety. Linde Truck Drivers also must be willing to communicate and cooperate with customers, respond to their needs, and safely operate delivery vehicle in compliance with company and DOT Guidelines.
· Provide a high standard of Customer Service while delivering, which includes unloading of products and movement to customer use point and reloading the returned empty cylinders to the vehicle
· Driving represents approximately 30 % of the day, the remaining portion of the day includes delivery, cylinder handling, shipping orders/paperwork, customer contact, vehicle AM and PM inspections
· Accurately counting and recording quantities and styles of product delivered and picked up
· Complete Hazardous Material shipping orders papers in accordance with DOT/TC Regulations
· Placard vehicle according to required hazardous material regulations and Linde standards
· Conduct and report pre-trip and post-trip inspections
· Identify need for vehicle repairs and/or maintenance and ensure it is accomplished on time
· Operate a variety of equipment
· Regularly interface with both internal and external customers
· Other duties as assigned
Our drivers can expect:
· Delivery to all types of Industrial, Service, Educational and Medical customers
· Using handheld computers for conducting customer transaction paperwork as well as compliance needs such as Hazmat preparation, vehicle inspection reports, load report, trip reports etc.
· Following a computer-generated Route and Sequence delivery plan
Skills / Requirements
· 2 years driving experience or have completed a course of instruction from a truck driver training school that operates equipment similar to Linde's
· No preventable accidents, license suspensions or other moving violations in the past 2 years
· No alcohol related convictions within the last 10 years
· A current medical examiner’s certificate or the ability to pass a DOT physical
· Valid class A or B CDL is required
· Current Hazmat on CDL or ability to obtain Hazmat within 60 days of hire
· Read and write in English
· High School G.E.D. is required
· 21 years or older
Don’t wait, fill out an application right from your phone today! DRIVE YOUR CAREER FORWARD!
Linde is a leading global industrial gases and engineering company with 2022 sales of $33 billion. We live our mission of making our world more productive every day by providing high-quality solutions, technologies, and services which are making our customers more successful and helping to sustain and protect our planet.
The company serves a variety of end markets including chemicals & refining, food & beverage, electronics, healthcare, manufacturing, and primary metals. Linde’s industrial gases are used in countless applications, from life-saving oxygen for hospitals to high-purity & specialty gases for electronics manufacturing, hydrogen for clean fuels and much more. Linde also delivers state-of-the-art gas processing solutions to support customer expansion, efficiency improvements, and emissions reductions. For more information about the company, please visit our website at www.lindeus.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.