Driver - Route Sales
Linde Gas & Equipment Inc. is seeking a Route Sales Representative - Truck Driver to join our team located in Aberdeen, SD. The Route Sales Representative - Truck Driver is responsible for maximizing and growing revenue and profits within his/her assigned geography by selling & delivering compressed gas products and a variety of welding products to existing customers and acquiring new business.
- Delivers products to customer in accordance with the delivery schedule and completes required documentation for each transaction
- Sells a variety of compressed gas and welding products
- Optimizing call routes to maximize time in the field and overall efficiency
- Identifying and pursuing new customer acquisition opportunities in assigned territory
- Expanding Customer understanding and use of Linde’s standard product and service capabilities
- Accountable for sales quota for assigned territory
- Collects account receivables and maintains appropriate documentation including monitoring inventory levels, balancing cylinder inventory, and completing customer invoices
- Maintains appearance of vehicle in accordance with company policy and safety regulations
- Other duties as assigned
Skills / Requirements
- Have at least two years driving experience or have completed a course of instruction from a truck driver training school that operates equipment similar to Linde's
- No preventable accidents, license suspensions or other moving violations in the past two (2) years
- No alcohol related convictions within the last ten (10) years
- A current medical examiner’s certificate or the ability to pass a DOT physical
- Valid class A or B CDL is required
- Current Hazmat and Tanker Endorsement on CDL or ability to obtain Hazmat and Tanker Endorsement within 60 days of hire
- The ability to read and write in English
- High School G.E.D. is required
- Reached the age of 21 years or older
Linde is a leading global industrial gases and engineering company with 2022 sales of $33 billion. We live our mission of making our world more productive every day by providing high-quality solutions, technologies, and services which are making our customers more successful and helping to sustain and protect our planet.
The company serves a variety of end markets including chemicals & refining, food & beverage, electronics, healthcare, manufacturing, and primary metals. Linde’s industrial gases are used in countless applications, from life-saving oxygen for hospitals to high-purity & specialty gases for electronics manufacturing, hydrogen for clean fuels and much more. Linde also delivers state-of-the-art gas processing solutions to support customer expansion, efficiency improvements, and emissions reductions. For more information about the company, please visit our website at www.lindeus.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.