Cylinder Processor - Driver
Linde Gas & Equipment, Inc. is seeking a Cylinder Processor - Driver to join our team located in Charlottesville, VA. The Cylinder Processor - Driver will be responsible for filling, labeling & preparing low pressure packaged gas cylinders and the Cylinder Processor - Driver will also operate and maintain the cryogenic liquid filling system. The Cylinder Processor - Driver role at Linde Gas & Equipment Inc. is physically demanding and requires attention to detail and a strong commitment to safety.
- · Processes medical and industrial gas cylinders using established plant guidelines and procedures
- · Performs visual, physical and odor tests on cylinders before filling and determines whether retesting and/or repairs are required
- · Checks for cylinder quantities, styles and product, and fill any necessary product
- · Loads and unloads product from weekly shuttle truck
- · Operates and maintains cylinder scales and associated equipment
- · Prepares warehouse transfer orders and accompanying paperwork for shipment and keys into the computer the quantities, styles and products filled in order to justify the stock inventory
- · Completes and maintains quality control documentation as per company and Governmental procedures
- · Operates a forklift truck and other plant vehicles
- · Other duties as assigned
· Provide a high standard of Customer Service while delivering, which includes unloading of products and movement to customer use point and reloading the returned empty cylinders to the vehicle
· Driving represents approximately 30 % of the day, the remaining portion of the day includes delivery, cylinder handling, shipping orders/paperwork, customer contact, vehicle AM and PM inspections
· Accurately counting and recording quantities and styles of product delivered and picked up
· Complete Hazardous Material shipping orders papers in accordance with DOT/TC Regulations
· Placard vehicle according to required hazardous material regulations and Linde standards
· Conduct and report pre-trip and post-trip inspections
· Identify need for vehicle repairs and/or maintenance and ensure it is accomplished on time
· Operate a variety of equipment
· Regularly interface with both internal and external customers
· Other duties as assigned
Skills / Requirements
· High School Degree/GED required
· 2+ yrs. experience in plant or manufacturing environment preferred
· Strong mechanical background desired
· Qualified candidate must possess good leadership, problem solving, communication, and organizational skills
Linde is a leading global industrial gases and engineering company with 2022 sales of $33 billion. We live our mission of making our world more productive every day by providing high-quality solutions, technologies, and services which are making our customers more successful and helping to sustain and protect our planet.
The company serves a variety of end markets including chemicals & refining, food & beverage, electronics, healthcare, manufacturing, and primary metals. Linde’s industrial gases are used in countless applications, from life-saving oxygen for hospitals to high-purity & specialty gases for electronics manufacturing, hydrogen for clean fuels and much more. Linde also delivers state-of-the-art gas processing solutions to support customer expansion, efficiency improvements, and emissions reductions. For more information about the company, please visit our website at www.lindeus.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.