CDL B Day Driver
NuCO2 is the largest, best and a national provider of beverage grade liquid CO2, onsite N2 generation and storage, to the Foodservice and Hospitality Industry.
The associate shall conduct themselves following the five pillar of safety, leading by example, while fostering a positive safe work environment.
The route driver is responsible for delivering bulk CO2 liquid, hi-pressure cylinders and other products to customers according to the scheduled route.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Follows all company safety policies, procedure, and directives from Supervisor
- Clock into work using telephone (Ultipro) while adhering to OP-201 (Hours of Service)
- Compliance with all DOT log book, forms and
- Review communication messages and Safety Alerts from Supervisor
- Log into DCI and assign open calls/work that pertain to your route
- Log into Xata through your Pal device
- Perform proper Pre-trip of vehicle
- Follow OP-209 (Pre-Post Trip Procedure) and OD-209-1 (Pre-trip checklist) guidelines
- Ensure PPE are in place and in good condition
- As documented on OP- 251 (Personal Protection Equipment)
- Safety check Receiver
- Follow OP-280 (CO2 Receiver Procedures), inspect polar hose using OP-281, and follow OP-217 (Bulk truck filling procedures).
- Secure depot grounds and call supervisor before leaving
- Drive to customer location while using Smith System training
- Follow OP-218 (Safe Delivery from Bulk Tanker) to establish safe delivery
- Maintains telephone communication contact with supervisor and/or dispatch to communicate timely ETA’s and completion of calls
- Follow OP-231 (Cell Phone & Portable Handheld Device)
- Must be able to accommodate shift changes by local management based on the needs of the
- If required, must follow all P-Card company policy
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret established SOP, technical procedures, or governmental
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule
- Basic mathematical skills – addition, subtraction, multiplication, and
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking
- Basic Microsoft Office product computer
- Good verbal and written communication
- Not required but preferred, Experience with pressurized gas
- Must be able to direct lift up to 55 and frequently maneuver 56 - 175 lbs.
- Must be able to occasionally maneuver an appliance dolly with a CO2 tanks weighing up to 750 and 6 ft. tall using a handcart.
- As of 5.5.2014, some 400 lbs tanks are still out in the field which has been grandfathered in.
- Ability to climb in and out of truck multiple times a
- Ability to climb
- Frequent walking and
- Must be able to work at different height
- Must be able to work in an outside environment while tolerate extreme temperatures (hot or cold depending upon season and depot location).
- Have the ability pull and retrace a fill hose with distances up to 100
- Must be able to wear all required PPE, (Hard hats, safety glasses, ear protection, steel toed boots, and gloves as required).
- Must be able to wear company required
- Reference “Essential Physical job demands document” attached
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Minimum of 1 year commercial driving experience that is
- Must have a clean driving record that meets NuCO2, ’s Safety point system.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Minimum CDL – Class B
- HAZMAT and Tanker endorsement
- No air brake restrictions
- Medical Card required
COMMUNICATION AND COGNITIVE ABILITIES
- Have integrity in all aspect of the job
- Have the ability to properly communicate with all levels of management, peers, and the customers in a professional and courteous manner
- Willingness/enthusiasm for accepting responsibility and accountability; An “ownership” mentality.
- Strong work ethic
- Independent worker
- Achievement/results driven
- High-energy individual
- Ability to foster strong relationships with colleagues/customers
- Leader: Inspires teammates to follow them
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Loyal: Shows firm and constant support to a cause
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
- Growth Opportunities: Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility
- Job Security: Inspired to perform well by the knowledge that your job is safe
- Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
- Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
- Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
- High School
- 1 year: Commercial Truck Driving Experience
Licenses & CertificationsRequired
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: ec6561f4-145b-47c1-a7f3-fe8ea83995ad