ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directly supervises a minimum 1800 accounts and/or 6 employees in a depot or in two depots.
- Adheres to and enforces the organization’s policies, procedures and Federal/State applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Works closely with District Manager to ensure Depot performance in both KPI’s and Safety compliance.
- Manages and signs off on employee payroll system
- Manages and trains drivers on DOT Compliance Hours of Service with the aid of company vehicle tracking device and payroll system.
- Conducts daily and monthly audits of company vehicles, equipment and facility to company standards and OSHA/DOT compliance
- View all E-mails and respond as necessary in a professional and timely manner.
- Review completed trips report to ensure route completion and productivity.
- Manage and adjust workloads in the routing system for deliveries and service.
- Review completed service and installation activities while using company approved Standard Operation Procedures (SOP’s).
- Manage and accurately report daily and monthly inventory.
- Send daily Product level readings to Suppliers via Supplier website and receive daily deliveries using company inventory software.
- Submit trip records if driving an apportion plated vehicle (1st and the 15th)
- Review and approve timesheets for payroll
- Fax monthly Safety topic sign-off sheet to the District Safety Manager.
- Complete Monthly Safety Assessment Audits (which include OSHA,,VKPI, and DOT compliance requirements).
- Complete End of Month Inventory.
- Review vehicle PM Schedules and coordinate service work with Ryder/Penski.
- Submit End of Month Mileage for all company vehicles.
- Must follow all P-Card company policy requirements.
- Associate Performance reviews and Driver Required Training
- Complete Ride-A-longs while reviewing the Smith System process.
- Complete VK inspections on Bulk Trucks, if certified.
- Ability to lead and motivate subordinates through a positive safety first, goal oriented, and productive mindset.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret established SOP’s, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Have the ability to communicate effectively (verbally and by email) all SOP’s installation challenges to the Scheduler, Sales, Ops. Managers, and Safety Departments.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Have basic knowledge of the permitting procedures, where applicable.
- Basic mathematical skills – addition, subtraction, multiplication, percentages, decimals, and division.
- Basic Microsoft Office computer skills
- Experience using UltiPro Payroll System, Inventory Control Programs, Microsoft Office products, to assist the depot management preferred.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- College degree useful, but not mandatory.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- A minimum of two years experience as a supervisor preferred.
- Must have a clean driving record that meets NuCO2’s Safety Point System.
- Strong mechanical ability and basic knowledge of building construction process required.
- Previous experience in plumbing, cable installation, or construction experience preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- CDL – Class A or B (Preferred – can obtain when hired)
- HAZMAT and Tanker endorsements (Preferred – can obtain when hired)
- No air brake restrictions
- Medical Card (Preferred – can obtain when hired)
- Maintain Boiler License where applicable.
This position will interact with all levels of the organization as well as external customers.
COMMUNICATION AND COGNITIVE ABILITIES:
- Follow all Safety Requirements and procedures
- Have integrity in all aspect of the job
- Have the ability to properly communicate with all levels of management, peers, and the customers in a professional and courteous manner
- Willingness/enthusiasm for accepting responsibility and accountability; An “ownership mentality”.
- Have strong problem solving ability and work ethic
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Functional Expert: Considered a thought leader on a subject
- Loyal: Shows firm and constant support to a cause
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
- Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
- Growth Opportunities: Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility
- Job Security: Inspired to perform well by the knowledge that your job is safe
- Financial: Inspired to perform well by monetary reimbursement
- Entrepreneurial Spirit: Inspired to perform well by an ability to drive new ventures within the business
- Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
- High School
- year: Previous experience in plumbing, cable installation, or construction experience preferred.
- 2 year: A minimum of two years experience as a supervisor preferred.
Licenses & CertificationsRequired
- X Combined
- Medical Card
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)